Hi everyone! Happy Friday Eve ;) 
This week Joy wanted us to share a tip or technique.
 For my technique, I am sharing a way to use up some of those ribbon scraps that we just can't get rid of but run out of ideas for. 
I made a traditional bow with some of my scraps then I used the bow to decorate a little bag for a treat and gift card.

First, get some of your ribbon scraps that you want to use.
  Then cut them how long or short you would like them to be. 
Here I cut mine at : 4", 3 1/2", and 2.

Then twist then to resemble this shape, all except the smallest piece that one will be just a loop or circle. I used small pieces of the red sticky tape to hold them in place.

Next, grab your paper piercer, mat and a few small brads.
 Add the 'loops' to your brad opposite of each other.
Until you have all four 'loops' on there.
Do the same with the red loops. I decided the green didn't match well in the middle so I added a bown scrap instead.
You will have three separate pieces. I hot glue mine together to stay secure.
Then add to your gift or project.
I used a small kraft bag here, I plan to put a gift card and some candy in it.
Isn't this font so fun? I love it! The words all come separate so you can have so many choices.
I hope you found this little tutorial helpful and you can use it in your holiday projects!
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
 
-Project Recipe-
Holiday Occasions- Joy's Life Stamps


Ink- Stampin Up Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Old Olive
Ribbon- Stampin Up Double Stitched Grosgrain ribbon in Real Red and Chocolate Chip, Striped Grosgrain Ribbon in Old Olve
Bag from Stash, mini brads, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder
  

0 comments: